This is one of the easiest desserts you will ever make, and so delicious. My first experience with grape salad was when my sister-in-law made it for a family gathering, and I was hooked. She made it with red grapes, and I am definitely a green grape gal, so this recipe calls for green grapes. Whatever your preference, it is good stuff. After playing around with several variations of different recipes, this is my go-to recipe. I’ve made it for family, friends, and Bible studies, and everyone loves it, young and old.
- 3 lbs. green grapes
- 8 oz. container of light cream cheese
- 8 oz. container of light sour cream
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 3/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. pecan pieces
1. Place grapes in a colander and rinse well. Empty into a bowl lined with paper towels to absorb excess water.
2. Empty the containers of light sour cream and light cream cheese into a mixing bowl. Add the white sugar and vanilla. Mix until combined and smooth. (hand mix or use a mixer)
3. Add grapes into the mixing bowl and fold until grapes are coated.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans.
- Serve well-chilled.
- Add more grapes if you prefer a lighter coating.
- Walnuts are also good on this!